Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

Forecast Issued 05:00 AM PDT Thursday 24 April 2014 - Thursday: Rain. Amount 10 to 20 mm. High 9. Thursday night: Rain ending this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Amount 5 mm. Low plus 4. Friday: Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. High 13. Saturday: Cloudy. Low plus 1. High 12. Sunday: Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Low plus 5. High 12. Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. Low plus 1. High 13. Tuesday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 5. High 14.

9.2°C ↔
Hour Change: 2.8°C Alberniweather Web Cam
SSE 2.5m/s
gusts to 2.8m/s

Last Update: Apr 24 2014 - 9:08:10 PDT
  • Port Alberni
    Weather
  • Barometer
    1001.5hPa ↑
    Humidity
    92%
    Dewpoint
    8.0°C
  • Solar Radiation
    316W/m2
    UV Index
    1.3
    Solar Power Potential
    33.5Wh
    Wind Power
    10W/m-2
  • British Columbia
    Conditions
  • Current Rain Rate
    0.00mm/hr
    Heat Index
    N/A°C
    Wind Chill
    7.0°C
  • Todays Rain
    7.87mm
    Cloud Base
    296.7m
    Air Density
    1.231kg/m3
     
     
  • Lows
  • Temperature
    5.78°C @ 07:03: Tdy.
    Barometer
    998.91hPa @ 02:14: Tdy.
    Dewpoint
    5.15°C @ 15:25: Ystd
    Humidity
    60% @ 16:26: Ystd
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Wind Chill
    3.81°C @ 06:58: Tdy.
  • Highs
  • Temperature
    13.33°C @ 16:16: Ystd
    Barometer
    1010.49hPa @ 10:44: Ystd
    Dewpoint
    7.96°C @ 19:48: Ystd
    Humidity
    99% @ 08:06: Tdy.
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Wind Day Average
    0.6m/s
    Wind Gust
    S 8.5m/s @ 14:51: Ystd
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Rain Rate
    7.62mm/hr @ 02:41: Tdy.
    Heat Index
    13.33°C @ 16:16: Ystd
    Solar
    1062W/m2 @ 13:52: Ystd
    UV
    5.8 @ 13:49: Ystd
     
     
     
     
     
     

Wet all day, but drying out a little Saturday. Heat next week?

The forecast continues to be a wet one. Expect intermittent showers all day today, lightening a little tonight and then continuing all day Friday.

Around 16mm is forecast between this morning and Saturday morning.

20140424-065230.jpg

More rain comes Saturday night and Sunday. It is starting to seem like a long time ago when we had that 20°C weather a couple weeks back. So will it return?

Well, there is hope. But like the long range forecasts in the winter that predicted heaps of snow that never arrived, remember this is a long range forecast that can and will change.

20140424-065609.jpg

The models have 22°C reaching up into Vancouver and the Lower Mainland next Wednesday. Even though the models don’t include Alberni in the warmest air, there is always the possibility that could change. This would definitely challenge for the hottest day of the year so far.

We shall see. Summer is coming. :)

Posted: April 24th, 2014 07:04 under Wet

« Previous Entries

Post a Comment »

Your Business Advertisement could be here

No Tsunami threat from strong Earthquake.

We had a strong earthquake 6.6 (now downgraded from 6.7) in the waters near Vancouver Island 40km West Port Alice. There have also been two relatively strong aftershocks, 5.0 and 4.2. It has been widely felt but it doesn’t sound like any damage is being reported and there is no Tsunami Warning or Watch at this time.

20140423-210711.jpg

You can monitor the quakes here.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

Lots of chatter on Facebook and Twitter too. Do you have those emergency kits ready? Good reminder.

Posted: April 23rd, 2014 21:04 under Wet

« Previous Entries

Post a Comment »

Your Business Advertisement could be here


Weather Data Powered by Davis Vantage Pro and weather server.

Port Alberni, BC – Central Vancouver Island Weather Conditions is proudly powered by WordPress
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS). 48 queries. 2.017 seconds.


Citrus County - Renegade Motorhome - Costa Rica - British Virgin Islands