Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PDT Tuesday 22 April 2014 - Tuesday night: Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening. Periods of rain beginning late this evening. Windy early this evening. Low plus 4. Wednesday: Periods of rain ending in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 11. Wednesday night: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early in the evening. Rain beginning late in the evening. Low 6. Thursday: Rain. High 9. Friday: Cloudy. Low plus 4. High 12. Saturday: Cloudy. Low plus 3. High 11. Sunday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 6. High 12.

4.6°C ↓
Hour Change: -0.6°C Alberniweather Web Cam
ESE 1.0km/h
gusts to 2.0km/h

Last Update: Apr 23 2014 - 2:12:10 PDT
  • Port Alberni
    Weather
  • Barometer
    101.01kPa ↑
    Humidity
    96%
    Dewpoint
    4.0°C
  • Solar Radiation
    0W/m2
    UV Index
    0.0
    Solar Power Potential
    0Wh
    Wind Power
    0W/m-2
  • British Columbia
    Conditions
  • Current Rain Rate
    0.00mm/hr
    Heat Index
    N/A°C
    Wind Chill
    N/A°C
  • Todays Rain
    0mm
    Cloud Base
    163.3m
    Air Density
    1.263kg/m3
     
     
  • Lows
  • Temperature
    4.44°C @ 07:18: Ystd
    Barometer
    100.93kPa @ 19:00: Ystd
    Dewpoint
    0.48°C @ 12:34: Ystd
    Humidity
    44% @ 12:34: Ystd
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Wind Chill
    3.79°C @ 06:36: Ystd
  • Highs
  • Temperature
    12.83°C @ 13:05: Ystd
    Barometer
    101.1kPa @ 08:14: Ystd
    Dewpoint
    5.81°C @ 22:53: Ystd
    Humidity
    97% @ 02:01: Ystd
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Wind Day Average
    0.9km/h
    Wind Gust
    S 48.3km/h @ 14:35: Ystd
    ------- -------
    ------- -------
  • Rain Rate
    0.00mm/hr-----
    Heat Index
    12.83°C @ 13:05: Ystd
    Solar
    1146W/m2 @ 14:04: Ystd
    UV
    5.3 @ 14:03: Ystd
     
     
     
     
     
     

An off again on again week – Happy Earth Day!

After a pretty soggy long weekend, it was a gorgeous sunset last night.

20140422-075235.jpg

That has led to a beautiful morning this morning.

20140422-075356.jpg

We are only supposed to get 4mm between this morning and Wednesday morning and 8mm between Wednesday and Thursday morning. So in all. Not too bad. It looks a little wetter through the day Thursday and Friday.

As far as timing, showers should begin today in the late afternoon Tuesday and continue off and on much of the night and into Wednesday morning and through the day.

Happy Earth Day!

Posted: April 22nd, 2014 08:04 under Wet

« Previous Entries

Post a Comment »

Your Business Advertisement could be here

Rain through Thursday – Easter Egg Hunt Forecast

Spring showers are back and that’s not a bad thing. I’ve turned off the spigots on my water barrels so that instead of acting as flood and runoff mitigators (which they do very well) they will now actually collect water in preparation for the dry season. I think it takes about 50mm of rain to fill my three barrels (150 gallons).

We should get around 30mm by the time this bout of rain stops early Friday morning.

20140416-065204.jpg

We should get another 10-15mm from Saturday afternoon through the night before it tapers to showers Easter Sunday and dry in the morning of Easter Monday. Then yet another bout of rain will swoop in for the afternoon of Monday.

So this will be a growing weekend for the garden and a mostly indoor time for gatherings with family. If you are looking to do an Easter egg hunt outside on Sunday or Monday your best bet will be in the morning.

Posted: April 16th, 2014 07:04 under General, Wet

« Previous Entries

Post a Comment »

Your Business Advertisement could be here


Weather Data Powered by Davis Vantage Pro and weather server.

Port Alberni, BC – Central Vancouver Island Weather Conditions is proudly powered by WordPress
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS). 48 queries. 0.846 seconds.


Renegade Motorhome - Costa Rica - construction pay rates - British Virgin Islands