The Question: When will we get measurable snow at Alberniweather?
Entry Period Closed! Thanks everyone for entering!
If you are a business that would like to donate a prize for closest guess let me know!
A bunch of prizes have already been offered check out the businesses below!
Enter your guesses before Nov 12 on the bottom of the webpage or by email at email@example.com . Please no Facebook or Twitter entries as it gets too hard to keep track! 🙂
You must provide the date and time on a zero or a five (eg. Nov 23 12:45PM). Each entry is a five minute ‘window’. Check the rules at the bottom if you have any questions or shoot me an email or PM. This post will remain in the “Story of the Day” slider at the top of the page until the entry time is past at midnight November 12.
Entries close at 12AM Tuesday November 12.
I will add the entries to the Calendar below as they arrive.
If we get a qualifying amount of snow before the entry period closes, don’t worry… closest will still win, AND we will have a second contest as soon as the snow melts!
1st Prize: Calling all Businesses! Would you like to donate a prize!?
2nd Prize: Now is your chance!
3rd Prize: I will pick up the prize so I can deliver it to the winner!
If you are a business that would like to donate a prize please get in touch! The more prizes, the more I’ll give out winners for ‘closest’ guesses! 🙂
So when do you think it will snow? Your guesses will appear in the calendar below as you submit them. Last year we didnt have a winner until January!!
The Official Guess Calendar
If you are on mobile or can’t see the calendar, click here.
- You must pick a date, hour, and minute (eg. Nov 23 12:45). Minutes should be on the zeros or fives. You will end up with a 5 minute “window” so if you pick November 23 at 12:45PM, your window will be November 23 from 12:45PM to 12:50PM.
- Closest time wins.
- A winner will be declared when there is enough snow on the front lawn of Alberniweather HQ to measure 1cm with a standard ruler.
- If it snows before the contest entry period closes, a prize will be awarded and a 2nd contest will commence as soon as the snow melts.
- You need to be able to come to Port Alberni to get your prize!
- You must enter your guess in the comments section of this webapge (not facebook or twitter). You can also enter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can only pick one date, but you can change the date at any time during the entry period.
- Choices must be entered by Midnight November 12.
- If my wife (Theresa) wins she will get a prize as will the next closest contestant. 🙂
- You can guess “No Snow at All”. This will be on a First come first served basis kind of like guessing $1 on the Price is Right! :). I believe Port Alberni has never recorded snow in May so I’ll “call it” on May 1. If no snow has fallen by then, the “No Snow” winner will be declared and other prizes will go to the latest guesses.
- I reserve the right to modify or add to these rules since I probably missed something. 🙂