July 6, 2020

Chance of Thunder Saturday but otherwise warm sunny and getting hotter. Water Restrictions July 1

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PDT Sunday 05 July 2020 - Sunday night: Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Low 11. Monday: Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers near Gold River in the afternoon. High 20. UV index 6 or high. Monday night: Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers near Gold River. Low 12. Tuesday: Cloudy. High 21. Tuesday night: Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 11. Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. High 23. Wednesday night: Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 12. Thursday: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. High 20. Thursday night: Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 12. Friday: Cloudy. High 19. Friday night: Cloudy. Low 13. Saturday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 21.

Friday and Saturday will see clouds, possible thunder

It was a beautiful day to head to the lake on Thursday. We went over there and there were so many people we actually decided to skip it and go another day. Instead we hung out in the yard and made homemade pizza and watched the hummingbirds buzz by the feeder.

All in all, not a bad day at all. 🙂

There is a slight chance of showers Friday as a weak system pushes through around noon.

It will be short lived though and we should be dry again by the evening.

In its wake there will be some unsettled weather that could lead to thundershowers on Saturday particularly near the mountain ranges on Saturday morning. Below is the 8-11AM period Saturday. Notice the pocket of moisture over the Beauforts and Parksville/Qualicum area.

Watch for sudden downpours if you’re out on the roads on Saturday.

Rest of the weekend lots hot and dry

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday look equally hot and dry so get out there (safely!) and enjoy it while you can. We might not quite get to 30ºC but it will be close. Canada Day will cool off a bit but it should stay dry right through next week.

Water Restrictions start July 1 – Port Alberni

The City of Port Alberni announced that stage 1 watering restrictions will begin on Wednesday July 1.

You can see their webpage here and the guidelines are in the image below:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.