Fri. Jan 18th, 2019

Barometer Dropping — Wind Calm — Storm Coming

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 11:00 AM PST Friday 18 January 2019 - Friday: Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this afternoon. Rain beginning this afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 7. Friday night: Rain ending after midnight then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Becoming windy overnight. Low plus 4. Saturday: Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Windy in the morning and early in the afternoon. High 7. Saturday night: Showers. Low plus 3. Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers. High 7. Sunday night: Clear. Low plus 2. Monday: A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers. High 6. Monday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 3. Tuesday: Rain. High 6. Tuesday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3. Wednesday: Cloudy. High 7. Wednesday night: Cloudy. Low plus 2. Thursday: Cloudy. High 7.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    9.3° C
    0.2 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.35 kPa
    0.0
    Wind
    N/A 0.0 km/h
    gusting 0.0 km/h
    Humidity
    92 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    9.3° C
    Heat Index
    9.3° C
    Dewpoint
    8.0° C
    UV
    0.0
    Solar
    44 W/m2
    Last Updated: 13:50:00 PDT
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Day Almanac
    Day's Rain
    5.6 mm
    Day ET
    0.0 mm mm
    Rain Storm
    NotAvailable mm
    Civil Rise
    07:29
    Moon Phase
    Waxing gibbous (92% full)
    Civil Set
    17:30
    Day Length
    12:29:39
    Day High
    9.4° C @ 12:31 Tdy.
    Day Low
    5.9° C @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    3.6mm/hr @ 05:30 Tdy.
    Day High Barometer
    101.55 kPa @ 10:44 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    100.54 kPa @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    3.5° C @ 00:26 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    9.4° C @ 12:31 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 19.3km/h @ 05:20 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    311W/m2 @ 10:55 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    1.0 @ 12:01 Tdy.

There should be a storm blowin’ before you start reading this. It’s 10PM and the forecast is calling for heavy rain and strong winds overnight and in the morning.

Love watching the barometer drop on the Graphs page… just waiting for it to level and go up, then the wind should come… when, is the question. 🙂

5 thoughts on “Barometer Dropping — Wind Calm — Storm Coming

  1. Hurricane force wind warning for the top end of the island, and I’m sure the sloppy leftovers of that typhoon is going to make tonight/tomorrow interesting.

Comments are closed.