December 1, 2020

Back from the Cape and into the Boiler! Heat this week.

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PST Monday 30 November 2020 - Monday night: Clear. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Fog patches developing late this evening. Low minus 2. Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High plus 4. Wind chill minus 4 in the morning. UV index 1 or low. Tuesday night: Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy in the evening. Low minus 2. Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 3. Wednesday night: Increasing cloudiness. Low minus 1. Thursday: Showers. High plus 4. Thursday night: Rain. Low plus 3. Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. Friday night: Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3. Saturday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 11. Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 3. Sunday: Cloudy. High 10.

It has already been hot for the past week but it is about to get hotter.

If you check out the weekly data page on the Almanac you can see our progression over the past seven days. Here is the temperature for that period:

You can see we got to 33.6°C last Monday and then cooled off.

Well, Saturday was the beginning of another hot spell. We got to 27.8°C in the sun yesterday. We should approach 33°C again today and 34° on Monday before dipping to around 29 or 30°C Tuesday and Wednesday.

It is a hot stretch! A slight chance of showers creeps into the forecast next weekend (August long) but we’ll see if that holds.

Cape Scott

My son and I got pretty lucky with the weather at Cape Scott this week! Lots of fog, but also some clear breaks and sun! No rain, but it was still plenty damp enough for lots of mud on the trails. What a fantastic park! Highly recommended!

2 thoughts on “Back from the Cape and into the Boiler! Heat this week.

Comments are closed.