—– THIS IS A DRILL – ONLY A DRILL FOR BC SHAKEOUT – This is what you would see if there was a major earthquake near and tsunami likely in Port Alberni —-
EVACUATE TO HIGH GROUND
YOU HAVE LESS THAN 15 MINUTES
SAFE GATHER POINTS LISTED HERE
CITY HALL – ECHO CENTRE – THE HOSPITAL – PACIFIC RIM SHOPPING CENTRE – SPROAT LAKE FIREHALL – BEAVER CREEK FIREHALL – CHERRY CREEK FIREHALL
General Areas: In “Alberni” north of Roger Creek get above the railway tracks. In “Port Alberni” south of Roger Creek get to 10th Avenue.
YOU MUST EVACUATE
LOW LYING AREAS.
YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE TSUNAMI ZONE
– Find and gather your emergency kit. You should have water, a radio, dry food a change of clothes.
– Be prepared for aftershocks. Find a clear area away from buildings, power lines, gas lines, etc. When an aftershock hits, stay calm.
– Tsunamis have multiple waves. The first wave is often NOT the largest. Stay on high ground until officials tell you otherwise.
– If you are hurt or your home is damaged beyond repair or is otherwise dangerous go to the nearest gather points.
– Help your neighbours but do not endanger yourself. There could be many injured and there may be dangers like gas and electricity you cannot see.
– Listen to The Peak 93.3FM or CBC 98.1FM or 690AM for updates.
– Do not use your cellphone to call people as emergency services may need it and it will be swamped. Use text or data to communicate or enact your family emergency plan.
CURRENT EARTHQUAKE/TSUNAMI INFORMATION
An Earthquake of 9.2M has occurred off the West Coast. A large Tsunami can be expected at anytime.
This website will be updated as much as possible, but I may not be able to update it due to my own circumstances.
END OF DRILL – THIS WAS ONLY A DRILL