April 1, 2020

Sinlaku is that you?

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PDT Tuesday 31 March 2020 - Tuesday night: Mainly cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent chance of showers this evening except wet flurries over higher terrain this evening and after midnight. Risk of thunderstorms early this evening. Low plus 1. Wednesday: Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. High 10. UV index 3 or moderate. Wednesday night: Mainly cloudy. Low plus 1. Thursday: Cloudy. High 7. Thursday night: Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Low minus 1. Friday: A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries or rain showers. High 8. Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. Saturday: Cloudy. High 10. Saturday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3. Sunday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 11. Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 3. Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 12.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    1.1° C
    0.0 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.7 kPa
    rising
    Wind
    NW1 km/h
    gusting 0 km/h
    Humidity
    99 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    NA° C
    Heat Index
    3.2° C
    Dewpoint
    1.1° C
    UV
    0.0
    Solar
    0 W/m2
    Last Updated: 0:55:00 PST
    Station Reports Delayed
    6 minutes
    Showing Nearest Official Station

    Observed at: Port Alberni 12:00 AM PDT Wednesday 01 April 2020
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Today's Almanac
    Rain since Midnight
    0.0 mm
    Continuous Rainfall (< 24hr gap)
    45.0 mm since
    March 28, 2020 00:03
    Civil Rise
    06:21
    Moon Phase
    First quarter (49% full)
    Civil Set
    20:24
    Day Length
    13:22:51
    Day High
    3.3° C @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low
    3.2° C @ 00:38 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    0.0mm/hr00:00
    Day High Barometer
    101.66 kPa @ 00:43 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    101.62 kPa @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    3.2° C @ 00:38 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    3.3° C @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 0km/h @ 00:05 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    0W/m2 @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    0.0 @ 00:00 Tdy.

I haven’t been paying attention to the satellite imagery lately, so I’m not sure if the system we’re getting tonight is the remants of Typhoon Sinlaku?

Anyone know?

Look at that temperature profile over the past 24hr. Ha… 4C difference… gotta love that return to the sou’wester!

2 thoughts on “Sinlaku is that you?

  1. Not sure, but the weather on the coast was sort of wild today. Seas went from flat to bumpy to I-Ain’t-Goin’-Out-There! Even the deep-sea ships were slowing way down!! Welcome to Storm Season.

  2. There was always a good storm on the coast before the end of September.. usually about the same time we had to shutdown the fish plant for a good cleanup.

    Even in the not so stormy but still nasty open waters, the smaller boats made out better fishing than the larger ones.

Comments are closed.