July 6, 2020

Mostly dry Sunday – Rain sweeps in Monday

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 05:00 AM PDT Monday 06 July 2020 - Monday: Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers near Gold River this afternoon. High 20. UV index 7 or high. Monday night: Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers before morning. 30 percent chance of showers near Gold River. Low 11. Tuesday: Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. High 20. UV index 6 or high. Tuesday night: Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 11. Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. Wednesday night: Cloudy with 70 percent chance of rain. Low 12. Thursday: Cloudy with 70 percent chance of rain. High 17. Thursday night: Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 10. Friday: A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 19. Friday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 13. Saturday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 18. Saturday night: Cloudy. Low 13. Sunday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 18.

Sunday ok.

Even through the clouds are still a little menacing this morning we should be mostly dry Sunday (especially compared to LAST Sunday). It will still cool and partly cloudy though. Perfect time to get outside and do your yard work. Hopefully the grass dries out enough to mow!

Monday morning rain

Rain Monday morning will cover the whole Island.

It should last all day and start to break up in the evening. Showers will linger in the mountain passes into the night and early morning though with showers possibly reaching into the low areas at times.

Tuesday, Wednesday sunny breaks

There is still a slight chance of showers Tuesday morning but it should be dry and looks very pleasant in the afternoon and Wednesday looks sunny all the way through!

May 2020 warmest on record.

Our weather may have felt pretty normal or even a little cool in May, but it was still around 1°C above the long term average temperature.

It looks like that contributed to what was the warmest May since records have been kept in the 1800s around the world. Cool visualization here.

That’s it! Happy Sunday!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.