Thu. Aug 22nd, 2019

Lots of Sun in the forecast

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 05:00 AM PDT Thursday 22 August 2019 - Thursday: Clearing. High 24. Humidex 26. UV index 8 or very high. Thursday night: Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Low 13. Friday: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. High 22. UV index 6 or high. Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low 12. Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. High 24. Saturday night: Clear. Low 13. Sunday: Sunny. High 24. Sunday night: Clear. Low 10. Monday: Sunny. High 28. Monday night: Clear. Low 11. Tuesday: Sunny. High 25. Tuesday night: Clear. Low 11. Wednesday: Sunny. High 26.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    16.6° C
    1.1 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.8 kPa
    0.0
    Wind
    N/A 0 km/h
    gusting 0 km/h
    Humidity
    62 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    16.6° C
    Heat Index
    16.6° C
    Dewpoint
    9.2° C
    UV
    0.8
    Solar
    155 W/m2
    Last Updated: 8:35:00 PDT
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Today's Almanac
    Rain since Midnight
    0.0 mm
    Continuous Rainfall (< 24hr gap)
    No Qualifying Rainfall mm
    Civil Rise
    05:45
    Moon Phase
    Last quarter (60% full)
    Civil Set
    20:57
    Day Length
    13:22:04
    Day High
    18.0° C @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low
    14.8° C @ 06:53 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    0.0mm/hr00:00
    Day High Barometer
    101.8 kPa @ 08:29 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    101.53 kPa @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    14.8° C @ 06:53 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    18.0° C @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 2km/h @ 03:40 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    225W/m2 @ 07:50 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    0.8 @ 08:32 Tdy.

The Spring Olympics continue!

Actually now that the rain has cleared up, the weather is a lot better for the skiers than last weekend. We can expect more cold foggy mornings here and bright, sunny and warm afternoons.

There isn’t a whole lot going on in the forecast. Just a nice stretch of warm weather. It should last through until Monday. After that, we will go back to rainy days.

Hope you’re all enjoying the Olympics! We had an amazing time in Vancouver. The ceremonies were beautiful and amazing and the 18-0 hockey game was a blast!

Go Canada Go!

4 thoughts on “Lots of Sun in the forecast

  1. Yeah, it’s nice seeing that bright ball of light in the sky. We got out to Chesterman Beach yesterday for a stroll. It was quite nice out. Today we’ve topped 16.7C outside (not sure I quite believe that, the ISS was in the sun), but it is nice out. Will see what the truck says later.

    Cheers!

  2. Yeah, the sunshine has been nice. Allowed me to assemble and test my new antenna for NOAA image reception. Its working, but needs abit more work, as I have to find some ferret chokes to install in a few key places. Got a pic of the antenna, and a recent image it has received. http://zepplin.dyndns.org:8080/satantenna.jpg and http://zepplin.dyndns.org:8080/satimage.jpg

    I still have to get a proper receiver for this project. Thats the pricy part. But gonna register the software first, as the author has put some extra goodies in for narrow bandwidth reception.

  3. Dunno, it’s been right gorgeous out here the past week. Monday should be our last sun day. I hope to get an antenna installed in the morning for my station – got another radio coming!

Comments are closed.