Sat. Jan 25th, 2020

High Forest Fire Threat

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 11:00 AM PST Saturday 25 January 2020 - Saturday: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle. High 8. Saturday night: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle this evening and after midnight. Rain beginning after midnight. Becoming windy overnight. Low plus 3. Sunday: Rain ending in the morning then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Windy in the morning. High 6. Sunday night: Rain. Low plus 3. Monday: Showers. High plus 5. Monday night: Rain. Low plus 2. Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers. High 8. Tuesday night: Rain. Low plus 4. Wednesday: Rain. High 6. Wednesday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 5. Thursday: Rain. High 8. Thursday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 4. Friday: Periods of rain. High 8.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    8.4° C
    0.4 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.54 kPa
    0.0
    Wind
    N/A 0 km/h
    gusting 0 km/h
    Humidity
    93 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    8.4° C
    Heat Index
    8.4° C
    Dewpoint
    7.3° C
    UV
    0.6
    Solar
    122 W/m2
    Last Updated: 14:40:00 PST
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Today's Almanac
    Rain since Midnight
    6.6 mm
    Continuous Rainfall (< 24hr gap)
    253.0 mm since
    January 16, 2020 00:01
    Civil Rise
    07:23
    Moon Phase
    New (1% full)
    Civil Set
    17:39
    Day Length
    12:31:29
    Day High
    8.6° C @ 14:14 Tdy.
    Day Low
    4.6° C @ 07:29 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    4.3mm/hr @ 05:28 Tdy.
    Day High Barometer
    101.56 kPa @ 13:29 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    101.14 kPa @ 01:59 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    3.2° C @ 08:11 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    8.6° C @ 14:14 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 5km/h @ 11:40 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    494W/m2 @ 11:26 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    1.2 @ 12:00 Tdy.

With the hot weather over the past couple weeks, don’t forget to be careful when you’re doing anything with fire outside.

The calculated Forest Fire Risk by island Weather is High for almost the entire Island..
http://www.Islandweather.ca/fireclass_contours.php

You can see the same information under Forecast & Reports –> Forest Fire Threat.