April 3, 2020

Happy Fall Fair Weekend!

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 11:00 AM PDT Friday 03 April 2020 - Friday: Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or wet flurries. High 9. UV index 3 or moderate. Friday night: Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of rain showers or wet flurries early this evening. Low plus 1. Saturday: Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain showers or wet flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon. High 8. UV index 3 or moderate. Saturday night: Cloudy. Low minus 2. Sunday: Sunny. High 13. Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 2. Monday: Sunny. High 16. Monday night: Clear. Low zero. Tuesday: Sunny. High 17. Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 4. Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 13. Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 3. Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 12.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    8.1° C
    -0.2 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.47 kPa
    0.0
    Wind
    SE 8 km/h
    gusting 18 km/h
    Humidity
    65 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    6.7° C
    Heat Index
    8.1° C
    Dewpoint
    1.9° C
    UV
    1.6
    Solar
    301 W/m2
    Last Updated: 15:30:00 PST
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Today's Almanac
    Rain since Midnight
    0.0 mm
    Continuous Rainfall (< 24hr gap)
    0.0 mm since
    March 28, 2020 00:03
    Civil Rise
    06:17
    Moon Phase
    Waxing gibbous (76% full)
    Civil Set
    20:28
    Day Length
    13:22:16
    Day High
    8.5° C @ 14:22 Tdy.
    Day Low
    3.8° C @ 07:07 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    0.0mm/hr00:00
    Day High Barometer
    101.99 kPa @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    101.47 kPa @ 15:29 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    -0.1° C @ 03:12 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    8.5° C @ 14:22 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 17km/h @ 14:15 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    1009W/m2 @ 15:07 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    3.9 @ 13:45 Tdy.

A beautiful weekend to be at the fair!

We were there Thursday and Friday night. There is an amazing display in the big building with the farm and quilting and stuff. They have a huge map there that shows the alberni valley and where all of the farms are in the Valley. You should really check it out. It’s great. There is also a nice old picture of the 10th and Redford area pre-1920. It looks like the picture was taken not far from the Alberniweather station near 6th and Redford!

Enjoy the heat! Hard to say what fall is going to look like, but this is certainly a great way to finish up the last few days of summer!