Thu. Dec 12th, 2019

God: One Wind and Rain Storm for the Olympics please

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PST Thursday 12 December 2019 - Thursday night: Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 4. Friday: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Becoming partly cloudy late in the afternoon. High 6. Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low plus 2. Saturday: Clearing. High plus 4. Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 1. Sunday: Sunny. High plus 3. Sunday night: Increasing cloudiness. Low minus 2. Monday: Flurries or rain showers. High plus 3. Monday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3. Tuesday: Periods of rain. High 7. Tuesday night: Rain. Low plus 4. Wednesday: Rain. High 7.

  • Current Conditions
    Temperature
    6.4° C
    -0.1 ° C/hr
    Barometer
    101.07 kPa
    0.0
    Wind
    N/A 0 km/h
    gusting 0 km/h
    Humidity
    98 %
    Rain Rate
    0.0 mm/hr
    Wind Chill
    6.4° C
    Heat Index
    6.4° C
    Dewpoint
    6.2° C
    UV
    0.0
    Solar
    0 W/m2
    Last Updated: 16:40:00 PST
    Click to Refresh or See All Conditions
  • Today's Almanac
    Rain since Midnight
    0.0 mm
    Continuous Rainfall (< 24hr gap)
    No Qualifying Rainfall mm
    Civil Rise
    07:26
    Moon Phase
    Full (99% full)
    Civil Set
    16:59
    Day Length
    12:12:55
    Day High
    6.6° C @ 14:54 Tdy.
    Day Low
    3.6° C @ 01:33 Tdy.
    Day High Rain Rate
    0.0mm/hr00:00
    Day High Barometer
    101.07 kPa @ 16:29 Tdy.
    Day Low Barometer
    100.38 kPa @ 00:00 Tdy.
    Day Low Windchill
    1.2° C @ 00:37 Tdy.
    Day High Heat Index
    6.6° C @ 14:54 Tdy.
    Day High Wind Gust
    S 6km/h @ 00:40 Tdy.
    Day High Solar Radiation
    114W/m2 @ 12:54 Tdy.
    Day High UV Index
    0.6 @ 10:56 Tdy.

Come on, admit it. You’re secretly wishing for it aren’t you 😉
Welcome to Vancouver, Need an Umbrella? 😀

UPDATE: This is getting a little more serious now. As of this morning (Monday) the GFS has increased its estimate up to 210mm Thursday through Sunday. With the largest amounts coming Friday night and Sunday morning. The probability of strong winds has also increased particularly for all of Saturday but also on Thursday night . Saturday is still 6 days away, so this forecast could still change but at this point it is pretty ugly.

On the bright side, the temperatures aren’t forecast to be above 8 degrees. So maybe, juuuuuust maybe, Cypress Bowl will get a big dump of snow right in time for the Olympics.

Or maybe they’ll still have to snowboard on the straw bales and 2 month old snow, while it pukes down sleet.

Oh I don’t envy those athletes nor the organizers one bit. They’re really not getting much of a break!

We’ll see how it pans out.

Full Disclosure: My wife, daughter and I will be at the Opening Ceremonies on Friday (nosebleeds! 5 from the top of BC Place!) and Canada vs. Slovakia womens hockey on Saturday. We’re extremely excited and I really hope the weather is OK. We’re also very thankful to my friends in Vancouver who have put us up (or are putting up with us? 🙂 ) for 3 nights! Thanks Rod and Roz, you’re the best!!

5 thoughts on “God: One Wind and Rain Storm for the Olympics please

  1. And who’s looking after your age-challenged son? You’re welcome, and we wish you the best of luck with all the snags associated with ferries and the Vancouver traffic snags (even public transit is subject to some of the same gridlock). Be sure to say hello to Gordo and Stephen (hey, sounds like the name for a new home decorating show on CBC, but, like real macho stuff like on Red Green…)

  2. LOL. Oh Snap! (as they say 🙂 ).

    Many thank yous to Grandma and Grandpa too for providing endless hours of entertainment and miles of wooden train track for our son while we’re away! 🙂

Comments are closed.