June 6, 2020

Crazy Wet Coast!

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 4:00 PM PDT Friday 05 June 2020 - Friday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 9. Saturday: Mainly cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 15. UV index 5 or moderate. Saturday night: Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers in the evening. Fog patches developing after midnight. Low 6. Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 21. Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 10. Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 16. Monday night: Rain. Low 9. Tuesday: Rain. High 17. Tuesday night: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 11. Wednesday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 18. Wednesday night: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 12. Thursday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 20.

So Sunday we should get some more snow… be interesting to see how much ends up being outside the door when we all wake up tomorrow. It’s going to be pretty iffy to see whether we get a lot more tomorrow, or if it all turns to rain. Either way though Monday should be major wet. There is already a flood watch for parts of Washington State, if the front tracks a little further north though, we’ll be the ones with the flooding.

Never a dull moment!

9 thoughts on “Crazy Wet Coast!

  1. me too! hopefully the cool air stays put. the new forecast thinks we might get up to 4C tonight though so enjoy the snow while you can!

  2. Here in Nanaimo we have about 25 cms, a friend of mine in Cedar has 2 feet. How much is in Port? We had “lake affect” snow yesterday. Even though I just moved to Nanaimo, I miss living in Port and having that inversion layer for more snow.

  3. Wow! Ya we didn’t get that much in Port, only about 4in here on 6th Ave. I’ve heard they have about twice as much at the lake though.

  4. that is a big big big lookin storm. just looked at enviro. canada and they posted a new warning for west van. island for wind and still snowfall for inland van. island.

    “Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.
    Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.”

    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc44

Comments are closed.