June 3, 2020

Chance of snow increases again – plan travel accordingly

  • Vancouver Island Inland Sections Forecast - No watches or warnings in effect.

    Forecast Issued 7:14 PM PDT Tuesday 02 June 2020 - Tuesday night: Partly cloudy. Low 8. Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. UV index 7 or high. Wednesday night: Mainly cloudy. Low 8. Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. Thursday night: Clear. Low 7. Friday: Sunny. High 21. Friday night: Clear. Low 8. Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 18. Saturday night: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 9. Sunday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 15. Sunday night: Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 9. Monday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 15.

White stuff is in the forecast again after today’s weak rain front passes through. Most of that rain will fall on the west coast. We are being passed over again.

20131217-071521.jpg

By Wednesday night and Thursday morning it is going to cool off a bit and we should be near or below zero.
20131217-071917.jpg

Combine that with a stronger system slated for Thursday night and we have a good chance for snow. I would say our chances are better this time than last time, but it is still one of these north sliding systems that seems to save the strongest precipitation, and thus most likely snowfall, for higher elevations and points outside the Valley.

20131217-071725.jpg

That said, it looks like we could see 5-10cm of snow by Friday morning or before it warms up Friday afternoon.

As it is the Friday before Christmas, I know lots of people will be out on the roads. So please be aware and plan accordingly… That is, give yourself lots of time.

Saturday and Sunday should be similar to this past weekend with warmer temperatures…. Sorry, Christmas itself is looking pretty green. 🙂